Companies increasingly realize that effective cybersecurity and the related protection of intellectual property, confidential information and trade secrets requires collaboration between IT/security, legal and compliance. Most companies have not effectively implemented cross-functional collaboration between these three departments. In addition, reducing cybersecurity risk requires the involvement of the departments that deal with third parties (supply chain procurement, sales, etc.) and the cooperation of the third parties. Finally, the cost of not taking these issues seriously and putting effective plans into place puts these enterprises at great risk with all their stakeholders – employees, customers, partners and shareholders.
This webinar focused on how to accelerate effective collaboration between GCs, CCOs and CISOs to reduce cybersecurity risk. Targeted at senior executives in legal, compliance, security, IT and supply chain, this moderated panel discussion explored the following topics:
- Need for cross-functional collaboration to reduce cyber risk and loss of IP and improve data governance
- Impact of regulatory pressures
- Challenges and solutions to cross-functional collaboration
- Ways to gain cooperation of supply chain, procurement, sales
- Strategies for reducing third party risk