2019 South Asia Ethics Summit
Closing Panel: The Generation Game: Engaging ‘Zillennials’ to Understand their Drive, Deeply Integrate in the Ethical Culture, and Enable Values-Driven Performance
- Aarti Maharaj, Managing Director, Ethisphere
- Rajeev Chopra Managing Director – Legal, Accenture
- Satyajit Nandi Leader-Third Party Compliance, India, Dun & Bradstreet
- Hemal Bhavsar, Manager Legal Compliance, Bayer CropScience Limited
The closing panel recapped the day-long conversation and explored trends and behavior aspects companies are observing with the new generation of employees coming into the workforce.
Studies repeatedly show that Gen Z and “iGen” look at a company’s reputation and its commitment to ethics, its purpose and their role and footprint in society before making a decision about a product or to join its workforce. For the new generation of employees, what matters most is a company’s actions must match its ideals. This panel addressed some critical points, including:
- From the compliance perspective: Common challenges faced when dealing with a specific group?
- India specific: When compared globally, in India, does this group respond differently to integrity?
- How can companies effectively communicate and reach this audience—is there anything done differently to keep them engaged?