The BELA APAC June roundtable hosted by GE, covered two sessions. On the first session, the GE team: Ritu Jain, Global Governance and Assurance, Andrea Clavijo – Compliance and Deputy Human Rights Leader; and Ellen Proctor – Compliance Training & Communications Leader shared their insights and lessons learned with the BELA APAC Group on how the company revamped its global policy framework in line with the Company’s strategic priorities. The conversation covered:
- Insights into re-alignment of code of conduct to make it more accessible and employee-friendly;
- Creation of Enterprise Standards applicable across the company to enable common minimum standards while allowing operationalization by business units; and
- Adoption of global policy framework at region level to incorporate geographical nuances and local regulatory aspects.
Session 2: Managing Risks in Execution: The What and the How of Managing Risks Post- Winning the Deal
Moderator: Ruchika Dhamija, APAC Compliance Leader, GE Renewable Energy
Speakers: Dr. Mona Dange, Global Head of Market Compliance, Nokia; and Dan Levison, Partner, Morrison & Foerster
- Speakers will define the demarcation between risks at the stage of acquiring business (Anti-corruption; Competition; IP; Privacy etc.) and risks post-winning the deal/contract and explore how leading companies are managing compliance risks in the operational phase;
- Share best practices for assessing and analyzing execution risks like regulatory compliance, oversight on third parties, contractual obligations etc.; and
- Take a closer look at building mechanisms to manage these risk components in partnership with support functions, front line teams, supply chain and operations.